January 31, 2011
The TRA of Lebanon and the Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ICP–ANACOM) of Portugal signed a Memorandum of Understanding on January 28, 2011, within the framework of the EMERG meeting that took place in Rome in the presence of the TRA Lebanon Acting Chairman and CEO, Dr. Imad Hoballah, and ANACOM Chairman, Dr. José Manuel Amado da Silva.
This MoU aims at establishing a partnership and mutual support within the improvement of the telecommunications sector. It also aims at promoting the development of economic and cultural cooperation between the two authorities through the support and the implementation of joint measures and the exchanges of information and expertise.
During the EMERG plenary meeting participants assessed the work that was done by the Group during 2010 and finalized and approved the work plan for 2011 that covers the following topics:
- Licensing and open access to markets
- Analogue to digital broadcasting switchover and wireless broadband rollout
- Consumer protection
- The regulation of price competition for SMP and non-SMP players
- Infrastructure access/sharing and rights of way
- NGN and broadband enhancement policies and NGN access regulation
- Third Benchmarking and Planning Conference
Other various subjects such as EMERG funding and objectives have been discussed among regulators and NTRA Egypt has been elected as the EMERG vice chair for 2011
To view the Memorandum of Understanding click here